How do I Become a Freemason?
It’s very straightforward to become a Freemason and join the University of Birmingham Lodge. All you have to do is contact us by CLICKING HERE
Once you’ve sent us a email about your interest in joining, our Secretary will be in touch to arrange a meeting with you, to:
- Answer any further questions you may have about Freemasonry in general and about the our lodge.
- We need to learn a little regarding you as a person and your reasons for being interested in joining Freemasonry.
- And finally discuss the procedure and requirements of joining the Lodge.
Why become a Freemason?
Every Freemason has their own reasons for joining the craft. But for many, Freemasonry provides a unique environment where life-long friendships can be formed and learning is constant, both about ourselves and the world around us. But above all and for most, Freemasonry is simply an enjoyable hobby that will last a lifetime.
Other reasons to join, are:
- Achievement – progressing through the offices in the Lodge to become Worshipful Master.
- Brotherhood – making new friends from all walks of life, from around the world.
- Charity – to contribute within your means to deserving causes, both Masonic and non-Masonic.
- Education – learning from peers and mentors by practicing and making speeches.
- Knowledge – finding out about the history and mysteries of freemasonry.
- Self-improvement – making a contribution to your family and society.
Requirements to join:
- You must be 18 or over to join.
- You must believe in a higher power (god as you understand him)